Sunday, January 22, 2012

40 weeks 5 days

Its 6 am on a Sunday morning and I am officially 5 days past my due date. Which is very typical from what I hear for first time pregnancies but that comes as no comfort at all. As you all know I started my maternity leave 5 days ago and I am so glad I did because I have spent the last 4 days with a horrible cold. I literally didn't even leave my house or get out of my pajamas for 3 days.

Being sick really made me glad that I didn't have the baby yet, but now that I feel human again, all I want is to go into labor. A small part of me is still holding out that I will go into labor on my own but I am pretty sure that the only way this baby is coming out is if I get induced. Friends and family keep telling me there is no way to know that I will have to be induced (and I hope they are right) but its just a gut feeling. I really don't want to be induced because its just so much harder than laboring naturally and it significantly increases your chances of a c-section which is my biggest fear. I hope my pessimistic attitude is just due to impatience, and that this baby will prove me wrong!

I have family in town right now and more coming in this week to meet the baby and I am so worried that I won't even have the baby by the time my out of state family leaves. I hoping that at my doctors appointment on Tuesday that we can set a date for induction for later this week, but my doctor might just make me wait until January 31st when I reach 42 weeks before she will induce me. I really hope that doesn't happen for my own selfish reasons and also because I want my family to meet the little guy so badly.  It would break their hearts and mine to have traveled  all this way not to even meet the little man.

Here is to hoping that my instincts are wrong, and that labor will start naturally and soon! OK my venting is done.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my poor Amy... :(
    The waiting part at the end is always the hardest.
    I wish I could offer some priceless advice that would push you a long... but alas, I have none.
    I do have a recommendation from a Massage Therapist friend of mine however: find a local MT that will work on you to induce labor. There are many ways of doing so through massage. Just make sure it's someone who knows what they're doing.
    Love you girl! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete