Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Yes I am still pregnant

Yesterday was the due date and we still have no baby and surprisingly I am OK with that. If you had asked me two days ago how I felt about it I would have given you a completely different answer but today I am alright with still being pregnant. The little man is still comfortable in there for now, but if nothing has changed by my appointment next week the doctor will start discussing and induction.

I don't know if it is the fact that I could be induced next week that has put my mind at ease or if its the fact that yesterday was my last day at work. As I have mentioned many times here before work has been one of the biggest stresses for me through out my pregnancy. I love my job but man doing my job pregnant is 10 times harder than it was before pregnancy. I think every pregnant woman deserves a damn medal, I mean seriously being pregnant is the hardest thing that I have ever done let alone working through the entire pregnancy.

I have gotten really mixed opinions about when to start my maternity leave. Until last week I had planned on working until I went into labor, but over the weekend I changed my mind. A few weeks ago I cut my hours back to part time which was amazing for a few weeks but I think I have reached the end of my rope and it was time for me to start my maternity leave.

I might regret this decision later when I have a week less with the baby but I really feel like this was the best route for me (plus Ted is thrilled, its a week sooner that he gets to cut back to part time). I feel so much more relaxed and OK with still being pregnant than I did knowing I had to go to work one more day. I had to give myself a pep talk every morning to convince myself that I could make it through the day. That's just not how I wanted to spend my last few days before my son arrives.

I am going to spend my last few days before the baby arrives, relaxing, cleaning and enjoying the last few days of silence that I will ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment