Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Patience

Those who know me best, know that patience is not my strong suit. I am perhaps the least patient person in the world. I am early everywhere I go because I just can't stand waiting around to do something, I just have to jump up and do it. I hate waiting to find out what my Christmas and birthday gifts because I just can't stand the anticipation. I am a person who hates any surprise if I know its coming because I just don't like waiting.

In normal life this exaggerated level of impatience is manageable because, well there aren't that many surprises in life that I can't some how convince some one to tell me. However being 9 months pregnant and not knowing the day that I will get to meet my son is practically killing me. Now that I am 37 weeks (full term) and I have the house ready for the baby I am so ready to meet him, but all I can do is wait.

If I could choose the day that I would go into labor I would because I just can't stand the unknown. Now I know I could schedule a c-section or an induction date but honestly neither of those are apart of my birth plan because they are not good for me or the baby, so I just have to wait it out. I am trying to fill my time with nesting activities like cleaning the baseboards and doing laundry and organizing the kitchen cabinets, I have even considered taking up a new hobby to help pass the time.

All my family and friends keep telling me that I won't make it to my due date, which is a lovely thought, but honestly no one really knows. I could go into labor in 3 hours or I could go into labor 3 weeks from now. So I am taking matters into my own hands...I am going to try everything I can to get this  baby out (within reason). Walking, squats, eating spicy food, climbing stairs and so on. But I am going to limit myself to things that are 100% safe for me and the baby, as much as I want the baby here I want him healthy more than that.

Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed that this wait isn't too much longer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just as impatient as you!! Any day now! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete