Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sweet Kisses

This afternoon as Ted was getting ready for work Elliot and I sat down to watch  The Lorax on Netflix. Elliot is usually not very interested in TV but sometimes when he is teething a little TV calms him down. Elliot pulled himself up on to the couch with me and we hit play.

Elliot climbed off my lap and plopped himself down right next to me and we started watching. Not 30 seconds later he stoop up on the couch and walked right over to me and gave me the sweetest kiss, just like he had seen daddy do a minute before. My heart melted. Then Elliot did a face dive back into the couch and watched The Lorax for about 2 minutes. Then once again he stood up and walked across the couch and planted another sweet kiss on me! It was the most adorable thing I could hardly contain myself!

Elliot did this over and over for about 20 minutes, until he got hungry again and then a little terror came out until I fed the little monster. Those 20 minutes were by far the best in my day, its moments like those that make all the hardships of motherhood so very worthwhile.

1 comment: