Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cha Cha Changes


It’s been a long time since I have had the desire to write. There was a while there that I was really enjoying blogging but then I just felt like I had nothing to say. And perhaps I still don’t have anything to say but for whatever reason I just want to write and even if no one reads it I figure it makes me feel good.

Those close to me know how difficult it is for me to accept change in my life, I am stubborn and I fight it tooth and nail.  In the last 2 months I have had to give in and just open my heart to change, because I have changed about as much in my life in the last  2 months as any person can. In the month of December I quit my job in Fort Collins, I moved to a new city, rented the house next door to my parents and moved not once but twice (more to come on that)  In the month of January I started a new job and my son turned one, officially becoming a toddler. Oh yeah and there were a few holidays in there too that added to craziness that was my life.

Things are finally starting to settle down and feel like I can breathe again and actually begin to wrap my head around all that has happened in the last few months.

I had been working at Home Instead Senior Care in Fort Collins for about two and half years and it had been time for a change for along time. Ted and I had been talking about  moving to Denver for quite a while so when a job opportunity opened up I jumped on it. The hard thing was that we had less than 30 days to move, and there just so happened to be a holiday bunched in there as well, oh yeah and we didn’t have any where to live yet so we needed a place to move to. We got really lucky and the house right next door to my parents was available for rent so we jumped on it. The only road block was that we also had to help the gentleman who had been living there move out before the house was available to us. So amidst all of our packing and preparing for our move we also had to move our landlords stuff out too.

But it was totally worth it.  We love our new house, it’s in the mountains and it has lots of land for the dogs and Elliot to run around on, the rent is reasonable and we actually like living next to my parents. Most people think I am crazy when I tell them I moved in next to my family but honestly its working out great so far. We pretty much always call before we visit each other and we don’t even see each other every day, it’s like having neighbors who you are really close with. It makes it really convenient for babysitting, both them watching Elliot and me helping out with my little sisters.

My new job has also thrown me for a loop.  I am still working for the same company but it’s a different franchise so it’s completely different. I am still doing the same thing within the company but it’s been great to see how things are different and in a lot of way better than they were at the office in Fort Collins. I got this job because an old boss/friend of mine recently became the general manager here and when a position opened up she got me an interview. It’s like it was meant to be. I am really happy here at my new job, I am still getting used to things here but there are a lot of perks here that I know I am going to enjoy.

This move has really been great for our family. Ted, Elliot and I actually have more time together as a family and its nice living close to a lot of friends who we have not been as close with for several years. The move was absolutely worth it but can I just recommend that if you are ever thinking about moving at Christmas time to just change your plans and wait a few extra weeks.

I am hoping that my inspiration doesn’t fade and I am able to continue blogging, whether any one reads it or not, I just love to write and it feels good to just put words down.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to catch up on your life (I've read the other blog posts after this one too).
    Hard to believe we both have toddlers now! It seems like just yesterday we were freshmen at CSU in the dorms.
    I'll try to comment when I read a post (just so you know somebody is following).
    :)

    ReplyDelete