Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mothers Day

So Mothers Day is just a few short days and I can't believe it was a year ago that I found out I was pregnant! I am in awe if how much different my life is now than one year ago. The day I found out I was pregnant was one of the most exciting and down right scary days of my life.

Of course I knew it was possible that I was pregnant but honestly I didn't think I would get pregnant as quickly as I did. Ted convinced me on a Tuesday morning that I should take a test since I was already a few days late. I agreed to take the test more to prove to him that I wasn't pregnant than anything else.

When the test showed positive my stomach dropped and I screamed for Ted! He came rushing down stairs to see the what all the commotion was about. I immediately made him read the test again just to make sure I read it properly. Sure enough I was preggers! Ted and I cried and laughed and hugged eachother when we realized that we should have a doctor confirm this before we got too excited.

After a nice lunch date we went to the doctor and she confirmed what we already knew.... We were having a baby! Now most people try to wait a while before sharing the news but if you know me you know I can't keep a secret especially one like this. I immediately called my family and Ted called his!! We were literally on the phone all afternoon telling all our friends and family ,sharing our wonderful news!

I remember that day like it was yesterday! He was only the size of a sesame seed the day we learned we were expecting and now he is almost 13 pounds of pure cuteness. The joy my son has brought to my life is indescribable, he makes the little things more fun and the big things more manageable. Becoming a mother is the single most important thing I have ever done. Elliot has already given me the best mothers day gift ever ... The gift of being his mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment