Tuesday, May 29, 2012

4 months old

I can hardly believe that Elliot is four months old today!!! Its been an amazing four months. My sweet little boy has changed so much its incredible. Ted and I just love seeing all the new things that Elliot can do everyday.

When Elliot was born he was 7lbs 9oz and now he is almost 14lbs, wow I can't believe how big he is getting. Gone are the days of supporting his head, he loves just sitting on my hip grabbing at things on his own now. Everything that comes into contact with his little hands gets picked up now which means no jewelery for me any more, and honestly I miss my accessories.

The little boy that used to stay where you set him down is long gone, he can roll over now and pivot himself all around. I lay him in the same position every night but that is never the position that he is in when I get him in the morning. I have found him numerous times with this little feet in the slats on the crib or his head at the opposite end of the crib and it makes me laugh every time. Elliot used to hate tummy time but now he tolerates it quite well. He lifts his little head up really high and is even starting to get his knees under him, it won't be long now before we have a crawler on our hands. I really need to baby proof this house!

The sounds that come out of Elliot's mouth these days are hilarious. Motor boating is his new favorite sound to make, some times he will do it repeatedly for 20 minutes or so! His quiet sweet coos have been replaced with the loud yelling, grunting, and squeaking. Just within the last few days he has started laughing when being tickled and nothing is cuter than watching him laugh!

I am reminded every day of how incredibly lucky I am to have the baby that I have! He has been sleeping through the night for months now, he doesn't get fussy very often, he loves to snuggle and laugh, he enjoys being around people and loves dogs! He has a smile that melts my heart and there are still times that I can't believe he is mine!

Happy four months little Elliot, mommy loves you!



No comments:

Post a Comment