Saturday, April 14, 2012

working mom

 I recently watched  a new movie with Sarah Jessica Parker called "How Does She Do It" where she plays a high powered business woman and mother of two, and it hit me that in 3 short days I will become a working mother!!! And the very idea of that scares the crap out of me.

Elliot and I have a great routine going and we are going to mess that all up so that I can go to work. We will have to change his schedule to fit within mine now.  He and I will no longer be able to sleep in, no more showering at noon for the day, no more leisurely afternoon walks together. His schedule will have to be a bit more rigid in order to accommodate my new work schedule.

I never pictured myself as a stay at home mom, even when I was pregnant I always knew that I would go back to work, but I just never knew how fun it would be staying at home. I enjoy spending the day reading Dr. Seuss books and singing twinkle twinkle little star, (Elliot never judges my singing voice), I like cooking for my husband and cleaning up around the house when Elliot naps.  Its strange to me how rewarding staying at home has been because I never expected to feel this way.

The last three months have been the hardest yet most rewarding in my entire life,going back to work is opening a new chapter in my life. I will now be a working mom, juggling mommy hood and my career. I know that time will make this transition more bearable, and that at the end of every day my son will be waiting at home with a sweet smile for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment