Monday, March 19, 2012

Growing, growing, growing!

Little Elliot is already 7 weeks old, I can't believe it. We took him to the doctor last week for his well baby check and he already weighed 10 lbs 10 oz. But that was almost a week ago so I am guessing he is a few ounces heavier now! Our once sleepy little new born is now starting to spend more time awake and more time interacting with us.

We have learned that while Elliot is awake he prefers to be facing out towards the action rather than having his face snuggled up to my chest like he used to. He loves his little play mat and especially loves his stuffed turkey that we have named giblets! When he is on his play mat he just kicks his legs and moves his arms all around making all kinds of funny sounds, it has become my favorite time of day when Ted, Elliot and myself all lay on the floor for play time!

Elliot can hold his head up for a little while on his own, his neck muscles still aren't strong enough to keep his head up for long periods of time so he kind of looks drunks when his head starts to wobble. We just put him in his bumbo chair for the first time the other day and its adorable, and a good safe place for him to get some practice sitting up. He increasingly likes sitting when being held as opposed to being cradled.

Every day Elliot becomes a little more interactive and a little bit more fun! Motherhood has slowly started to feel normal to me and I have started to wonder how I occupied my time before I became a mother, it couldn't have been nearly as much fun as what I am doing now.
Here is the little monster at 4 weeks old!

No comments:

Post a Comment