Monday, February 13, 2012

where are we now?

My body is finally starting to feel good again after the c-section. It took two weeks but my incision is no longer painful every time I get up or roll over in bed. It is still a bit tender to the touch, but I suspect that will be the case for quite a while. All my swelling from the IV I got while in the hospital has also gone away which means that my clothes fit again and I can wear normal shoes. I weighed myself the other day and I lost 25 lbs already!!! Only about 7 to go to get back to my pre-baby weight (although I hope to keep losing more with the help of breastfeeding).

Just as I was starting to feel like a human again I developed an infection in one of my breasts from breastfeeding called Mastitis and holy cow is it painful. It was causing me to have a fever and chills and to feel nauseous, also a headache and body aches in addition to the swollen and painful breast (sorry tmi). After a few days of feeling that way I finally went to the doctor and am now on antibiotics and starting to feel much better. My headaches have ceased, my fever and chills are gone and I am actually able to eat again with out feelin sick!

Meanwhile, Ted developed a fever and a cold meaning that he couldn't hold the baby for fear that he might be contagious. Poor Ted was not able to help me with the baby at all for 2 days because we just couldn't risk the baby getting what he had since Elliot is only 2 weeks old. Which left almost everything to me, stressful to say the least. I became frustrated more easily because I didn't have Ted as back up with his special daddy tricks to sooth the baby and I just got burned out. But Ted is feeling much better today so I am hoping that he will be able to help me more now. I know it was killing Ted not being able to hold the baby and having to sleep in a different room than us.

My house is a complete disaster because I just don't feel like cleaning, until 2 days ago I couldn't go up and down my stairs more than once a day so that was my excuse. Now that I am feeling better I feel i should focus more on keeping my house clean, but some how i suspect that won't really happen for a while still.



Elliot is doing great he is growing every day, and learning new things all the time. He makes the sweetest faces at me and sometimes cries just so I will hold him, which makes my heart melt and sometimes makes me frustrated. Although the last couple of weeks have been extremely challenging because I haven't felt well I know I will get better and things will get easier and my prize is my wonderful, adorable,healthy, sweet, handsome son who I love more and more every day.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I am so sorry about the Mastitis!
    I'm glad you are starting to feel normal again - it does take a while.
    Elliot is beautiful! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete