Sunday, November 6, 2011

75% done

In just a couple days I will be 30 weeks pregnant...that's right 30 weeks. I can hardly believe it myself, I can't believe that in just 7 weeks my little boy will be full term. Crossing  the 28 week mark was very exciting because that is the point where if the baby is born there is a 90% survival rate with no long term side effects for the baby, but my little one still needs to keep cooking for quite a while longer.

It is really starting to become real that in less than 3 months I am actually going to be holding my son!!! His kicks are getting stronger every day, he is a feisty little fella. He is laying sideways (breach) right now so he kicks my hip bones a lot which is less than pleasant but I do love the constant reminder that he is in there growing. When he is really active I can see my belly moving where he is at and it cracks me up every time. I made Link (my littlest dog) lay on my belly so that the baby could kick her, and she was less than thrilled about the whole thing. On the other hand Gulliver (the other dog) loves to snuggle up to my belly, its actually quite adorable.

The nursery for our little man is pretty much set up, we just need to secure the crib rails and rearrange a few things then all that's left is the decorating!!! We start our birthing class this week which I am excited/nervous about. I guess I am just nervous about the unknown but I am looking forward to getting all the information and touring the birthing center at our hospital.

That's where we are at today, I just can't believe that soon I am going to be a mom and I will actually get to hold my son. I am nervous about labor, because I am a total wimp when it comes to pain but my mom keeps telling me to just think of the end result so that makes it exciting too. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment